It is the mission of Truman State University’s Counseling Services to assist Truman students’ efforts towards self-efficacy in maintaining healthy and balanced physical, psychological, and social lives that maximize(s) their potential for personal development and success as learners.
CORE VALUES OF TRUMAN’S UNIVERSITY COUNSELING SERVICES:
- the individuality of every human being, their potential for change and learning throughout their lifespan.
- the counseling relationship, based on honesty and confidentiality, as a mechanism of support, empowerment, and advocacy.
- an emphasis on prevention of mental health concerns via education, intervention, service, and outreach into the University and larger community.
- strong relationships as a primary vehicle in helping others learn new ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving; including collaboration within the university community to provide mental health services to students.
- an environment of inclusivity as a means of expanding our learning opportunities and understanding of self, and global and human connections.