Resources for Faculty and Staff
- In order to best meet the needs of students, UCS does not provide counseling for Truman faculty or staff. However, Truman does have an Employee Assistance Program available. Please see the following link for more information about the EAP: eapbda.com. The word “standard” should be used as the login ID (all lowercase letters) when prompted and “eap4u” should be used as the password. Information regarding the EAP program may also be directed to Truman’s Human Resource Department at 660-785-4031.
- Faculty/staff may also find the Community Referral Guide helpful if interested in located community mental health resources. The Guide is available at http://ucs.truman.edu/services/community-referral-guide/
- In some situations, faculty or staff may need a personal consult with a UCS counselor to determine how best to help a student. Any faculty or staff member can consult with a counselor by calling the UCS appointment line (660-785-4014) and scheduling a “consultation.”
UCS staff members are available to meet with student groups and organizations, academic departments, faculty, or staff to deliver outreach presentations on a variety of mental health topics.
Past presentation topics have included:
- Stress Management
- Coping with Seasonal Depression
- Depression and Suicide
- Eating and Body Image Concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Dealing with the Emotionally Distressed Student
- Coping Skills
- Overview of Counseling Center ServicesWe welcome requests for other topics as well.
Request a Presentation
- Those interested in having UCS present a topic to their group must complete an Outreach Request Form.
- Provide at least two weeks’ notice.
- Schedule the presentation for at least 30 minutes.
- Advertise the talk in such a way that at least 10 students will be in attendance.
- Usually, we can fulfill most requests. To increase the likelihood:
- Provide us with options for date and time.
- Notify us very early in the semester.
- Schedule during UCS off-peak times (before Fall midterm break or after Spring midterm break).