Faculty and Staff

Resources for Faculty and Staff 

  • In order to best meet the needs of students, UCS does not provide counseling for Truman faculty or staff. However, Truman does have an Employee Assistance Program available. Please see the following link for more information about the EAP: eapbda.com. The word “standard” should be used as the login ID (all lowercase letters) when prompted and “eap4u” should be used as the password. Information regarding the EAP program may also be directed to Truman’s Human Resource Department at 660-785-4031.
  • Faculty/staff may also find the Community Referral Guide helpful if interested in located community mental health resources. The Guide is available at http://ucs.truman.edu/services/community-referral-guide/
  • Faculty/staff may seek assistance in recognizing a student in distress, knowing when and how to refer, and understanding basic guidelines for communicating with a distressed student at http://ucs.truman.edu/concerned-others/faculty-and-staff/
  • In some situations, faculty or staff may need a personal consult with a UCS counselor to determine how best to help a student. Any faculty or staff member can consult with a counselor by calling the UCS appointment line (660-785-4014) and scheduling a “consultation.”